Name: 연근칩 (“Yeun-Geun Chip”; Lotus Root Chip)
How to Make it:
- Get a lotus root and make sure to de-skin that sucker.
- Slice the root really thin. The thinner the slices, the crispier! ;3 Use a slicer.
- Have a bowl of cold water with some vinegar. Emerge the slices into the water just for a bit. Then take them out and then dry them with a paper towel.
- Fry those slices until crispy! They should look like the ones in the final photo. :D Make sure to get rid of the extra oil with a paper towel. According to the blog, when the chips cool, they become extra crispy!
- Enjoy! You can also dip them in hot sauce or BBQ sauce or whatever else sauce you want.
Not only are they delicious, they’re nutritious too! <3